Thursday, May 10, 2012

GHQ Painted Confederate 33rd Virginia Infantry Regiment

The next brigade I'm working on for my 10mm American Civil War forces is the Confederate Stonewall Brigade. I started out with the 33rd Virginia. I found some information about the uniforms worn by the 33rd Virginia at first Bull Run which said they had worn dark blue frock coats and white belts. I decided to paint my 33rd Virginia this way to add some variety to the brigade, and I like the look of the white belts. Here are some pictures of the finished regiment.

4 comments:

  1. What size do you base your troops on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are based on 3/4" square steel bases, or around 20mm square.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you also have them on magnets? Sorry to ask so many questions. I'm in that "deciding on base size phase for a couple eras.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I then put them on a magnetic strip that is the size of the entire unit so I can move them around together easily, but with separate bases I could put them lines up in a march column if I wanted, or make different sized units.

      Delete