Monday, September 12, 2011

Warhammer Arcane Ruins

I finally got around to painting the Warhammer Arcane Ruins set that I've had sitting around for years. It was a pretty simple paint job. Just started with a black basecoat, drybrushed a dark gray color, then another dry brush of a lighter gray color. I used some craft paints and a one inch wide paint brush I got at a hobby store for pretty cheap. It worked fine. The big bristles on the brush did leave some brush strokes, but on the rocks of these ruins it looks okay.

Here are some pictures of the results.

Warhammer Fantasy Arcane Ruins
Warhammer Fantasy Arcane Ruins

3 comments:

  1. I bought this set a few years ago with the express purpose of building a 'gateway to hell'. I used several pieces worked together to make one of the arches wider. Here's a link to pictures of the finished model.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say, your ruins look pretty cool as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craig, you are a painting FIEND. The ruins look great. Perhaps we can use them for Storm Of Magic?

    ReplyDelete